Monday, November 15, 2010

Chili Sunday

I love a lazy, cold Sunday.  And what better on a Sunday than turkey chili and a roaring fire??  I found this recipe on the Food Network from Ellie Krieger and it was a hit!  Plus, it's healthy.  Score!!  


Picture of White Chili Recipe
(pic taken from foodnetwork.com...seeing as it was a lazy Sunday, I wasn't in photo taking mood)

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery stalks
3 medium poblano peppers, seeded and diced (I used 2 poblanos and 1 large jalapeno)
1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2)
1 t ground cumin (I was out of cumin so I substituted chili powder)
1/2 t ground coriander
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 lb ground white turkey meat
2 15.5 oz cans of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
3/4 t dried oregano

Directions:
Heat oil in large Dutch oven and saute onion, celery, and peppers.  Add the garlic, cumin (or chili powder), and cayenne and stir for another minute or so.  
Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.  Add the beans, broth, and oregano.  Cook, partially covered, for 25 minutes.  Add more cayenne and salt to taste.   (I continued cooking on low for 2 hours and added more chicken stock as needed.)  Serve with a dollop of sour cream (or nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt).  Delish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment