Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken Piccata

We had lame-o leftovers last night, so I'd thought I'd post a recipe that I cooked last week.  It's a yummy Chicken Piccata from Giada.  I love her simple Italian meals.  And since I had all most of the ingredients on hand, it was a done deal.  
(photo credit: Judson...he styles his food better than I do)

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (butterflied, cut in half, & I flattened mine a bit)
salt and pepper to season chicken
1-2 cups all-purpose flour
4 T unsalted butter (I didn't use as much as the recipe calls for)
5 T EVOO
1/3 cup lemon juice (I used the kind from the plastic lemon...I don't always have fresh lemons)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed 
1/3 cup fresh parsley (you will notice via the pic that I also don't have fresh parsley lying around)

Preparation:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  Dredge in flour.
In large skillet, melt 1 T butter with 3 T EVOO.  When things start sizzling, add 2 pieces of chicken to skillet and cook for 3 minutes.  Flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.  Remove cooked to chicken to plate and add more butter and oil.  Cook remaining chicken the same way and add to plate when done.  
Reduce heat to low and add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers.  Bring to a boil while scraping the goodness from the bottom of the pan.  Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.  Remove chicken once again.  Add 2 T butter to sauce and whisk into submission.  Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley (optional).  
I served mine with Papperdelle egg noodles, but any noodle will do.  

Happy Eating!





No comments:

Post a Comment